On January 1, 2012, at the Feast of the Circumcision, we considered five important things we learn from the circumcision of Jesus:
- At Christ’s circumcision, He received the name JESUS.
- At Christ’s circumcision, the Incarnation was clearly manifest.
- His circumcision reminds us to address God with masculine pronouns.
- Circumcision reminds us that Christianity is earthy, tangible, & practical.
- Circumcision is how Jesus first shed His blood for our salvation.
On January 1, 2013, at the Feast of the Circumcision, we looked at how salvation is not just a one-on-one event between a person and God. Rather, salvation takes place in community. The circumcision of Christ teaches us that we are saved by Jesus and His friends.
For more information, consider the two original articles:
These two articles are also helpful:
For a little Orthodox fun, try this one from the Onion Dome: